Middle and high school robotics is where RIM positions itself to be able to help out most. RIM supports the local FIRST LEGO League, FIRST Robotics Competition, and VEX teams and competitions throughout the year.
Interested in starting a team? Get in touch and we’d be happy to answer any and all questions you have:
- Which type of team (FIRST or VEX) makes the most sense for your school?
- How do you get registered and compete in your first event?
- How many competitions should you attend and just how far away are they?
- Aside from RIM-administered grants, how can your team raise funding?
- How much funding is necessary each year?
- Does RIM have any connections with nearby schools or businesses that can help provide mentors or funding?
- Anything else?
If you would like to stay informed about what’s going on in Maine robotics, both VEX and FIRST have a growing network of mentors, all willing to answer any questions you may have! RIM maintains two separate groups for teachers to connect to, that will instantly bring you into the conversation. Click on your desired list below to apply to join that mailing list! (Don’t worry, we force new members to apply to prevent spam, not because there’s a difficult application process involved. Because any email sent to either list goes to every other mentor signed up for that list, we err on the side of caution.)